Over on OrgTheory there is an interesting blog post on where US research on labour, organizations, and work might be headed.
I wonder what a European list would look like?
One idea might be to look at European Research Projects. These are large five year projects. The work topics below that have been funded since 2009 and so will be publishing results in the upcoming years.
* Labour markets and transnational labour; worker hetergenity, (http://www.jyu.fi/ , http://www.ed.ac.uk/)
* Women's labour market behaviour and participation (http://www.unitn.it/ , http://www.uni-mannheim.de/)
* New deals in the new economy (http://www.nuim.ie/newdeals/)
* Employment and health (http://www.lse.ac.uk/)
* Marketisation of society (http://www.gre.ac.uk/)